naivechild
It was Saturday, and I was on my way to church from work. As I watched the rain start to drizzle down while I sat and waited on the church door step, I was having a conversation in my head with God. I was hoping and praying that someone would arrive and let me in, so that I wouldn't be found frozen and wet on the door step.

What do you know, just as I was about to fall asleep, a loud honk in the form of David's mum shocked me. I couldn't tell who it was at the time, and as I squinted through the rain, I smiled and praised God for keeping me company, and sending someone to save me from the wet.

But when I started to sing the song 'Rain Down' that night, I thought, "Being soaked and wet from God's presence raining down on me is something I definitely wouldn't mind, unlike after work..."

It's amazing.
Every single time.
Of course, it hadnt' occurred to me, until I was 100 metres away from church, that no one would be there at 5. I had only happily made my way there, looking forward to a night of praise and worship, and basking in God presence.
Yet He made sure that someone would arrive early to let me in.
He always takes care of me.
Which is why I truly, deep down with every inch of my heart, believe that whenever I do something for God so wholeheartedly, I don't even ask and He provides.

That night, I was elected to be apart of the Utmost Youth deacon team.
My feelings were mixed.
But the one part of me that wasn't confused, was the part that wanted to serve God wholeheartedly.
When I sat there at the table with the others during the meeting, I admit that I was a little overwhelmed and unsure.
Unsure where I would fit in.
And my human mind (you've got to love the human mind) started to think, again, whether I was in the right place.
Everyone seemed to fit, or have some sort of role that everyone could see them in.

Me?
I'm the youngest one there.
I still feel like I'm 15 half the time, for goodness sakes.
What am I supposed to do????
That was running through my head as roles were assigned, along with the thought that none of them really fit me either.
So where did I go?
I was the puzzle piece that looked like it fit in certain places, but actually didn't.

I will say, I went home feeling slightly out of sorts.

But the next morning, God once again answered all my questions and worries.
He made me realise that I'm actually ok not having a role.
I don't mind not having a 'title'.
Because a title is just a that, isn't it?
He made me realise, that I didn't care about not finding my place in the team.
Because I was part of it.
And that was all that mattered.
I was part of the team, and I was ready to serve Him where ever I was needed.
Whether it be helping out with organisation today, doing worship tomorrow, looking after money the next day, or just being there, I was happy to do that.
I was happy just being able to serve.

He showed me that, maybe, having a title would have made me think too much about it.
I would think about the title, and think of all the responsibilities under that title to be handled by me, and thus forget about the rest of the team being there to help out.
Then I'd continuously think whether I'm worthy enough to do the job.

So not having a role 'title', I'm happy.
I'll be there to help.
I'll be part of it.
With or without it, I'm still serving God.
I still want to serve God.
And that's all that matters.

So, to the rest of the team.
Too big of a cake for you to make in time?
I'll help out.
You do the filling, I'll do the icing.

God can sit back and enjoy.



And give us tips on how to make it taste better :)


So God's presence?
I'll continue to do all I can to stay in it.

Because I'm in love with the rain.
1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    you write beautifully, Dee :).

    and my sentiments are similar... living under God's presence is too amazing for words.

    love you lots <3