naivechild
Dear God,

Today, started off great, and almost ended great.
I woke up early today, and actually got out of the house at 7:30. What a feat!
Enjoyed myself at uni, and looked at unexpected marks for chemistry. I mean WOW. Thanks a bunch, because I was almost positive I didn't pass, and yet look what You gave me! You never fail to amaze me. And for that, a BAJILLION thank yous!

I had a peaceful ride home, until I realised that the people I was sitting in front of weren't exactly the best people I liked to come across. They were rolling up something...let's hope it was normal cigarettes. I'm so glad You were sitting next to me and glaring them off, because I was a bit worried they might say something to me.

Then after I got home, came the time to accompany my sister to parent/teacher interviews. And it was in the car afterwards that I, once again, praise You. Mum, sister and I actually got to talk to each other, for the first time. We were able to get some things out onto the plate, and from only eggs, rice and spring onion, we were able to get fried rice. We all understand each other a little bit more, and I'm so glad we were able to have the chance to talk. I thank You that You were consistently present during the talk, otherwise it might not have gone the way it did. There's another bottle of love from me to You :)

All was well, until I sat down and decided to check my blog. From there, I went to my sister's blog. And I saw a post that really let me down.
Didn't we get through to her yesterday?
Didn't anything we say hit her and stay there?
Did it sort of stick for a while and then slide off?
Did I do enough on my part?
I thought I did, and hope that she just needs to catch up and do her part now.

LITTLE RED MAN!
Now that you can't mess with me anymore, you go and mess with my sister?!
THAT AIN'T GONNA STAND.
Yeah, you agree with me too don't you Father?

I pray that she will pick up Your sword, and feel the strength, courage and love that will flow through her!
I pray that she will use Your sword to strike down the little red man!
And I pray, that she will call out for back up if she needs it!
Because if Your sword isn't enough, then You will come instead!

And then there's going to be trouble for the little red man!

I posted a reply to my sister's blog.
It started off very agro, but I hope she knows that I don't mean it.
I wouldn't actually slap her physically.

Maybe he was right.
What do you think Father?
He did say that he didn't have enough time. And that if he did, he would've pushed harder.
Maybe he was right, and that if he was able to push harder, it might have clicked and stayed.

Like a button, one of those that snap together.
If you push the them together, but not hard enough, it won't stay, and so your bag will be open and bugs can crawl in.
But if you push hard enough, it'll snap closed, and it will stay closed. Then those bugs won't be able to get back in after you throw them out.

A disappointing end to a great start, but it's not as bad as it could have been.
I only hope that my reaction wasn't wrong. It was human, but I hope it doesn't make things worse.

I know You'll watch over my sister. Just like You do over me.
But I pray that she'll hold Your hand.
Just like I am.

with love,
your naive child.


2 Responses

  1. Amy Says:

    what he said :).

    you did good Di, I pray she hears it and lets it sink down to the core this time.

    *hugs*